I loved having so many people at the blogger conference. It did feel like a wonderful reunion, since so many had been to The Hive before. But also welcoming the newbies was just great.
So many smiling faces, exchange of business cards and networking at its finest.
Thank you for a wonderful weekend. I love putting on The Hive and all my work is so worth it, seeing your feedback. You all have my heart!
- we need an information desk. A person/persons that sit in the conference area and can answer all your questions about what happens where, without that you need to find my team or myself. Besides it makes it possible to also hear it all.
- there needs to be much more signs. In Copenhagen, it was written on the screens what was in the rooms. We didn't have that in Berlin.
- we need to give out the goodie bags. I like to have them there as decoration. But it is not decorating at all, seeing attendees scrabble through the goodie bags, because of the size of the flips flops instead of just accepting what you are given. I know that many complained this was happening and I also know that some said stern words (Dietlind being one of them, she was upset!)
- how can we compensate for speakers that have to cancel? Especially the workshops. Perhaps back up speakers, that (in case they don't have to fill the slots) will get a definite spot at the next conference?
- I loved how our cooperation partners got involved. They were woven into the conference and especially the conference area. I had the feeling there was no pushing, but really open ears from everybody involved.
- The Lego Duplo wall! Oh, how I love that wall. And I'm still so over the moon, that Lego gifted it to me. You will see it again next year!
- The book lounge was well received and used by you. The intention was to give you the chance to look through the books you see on all these blogs and help you make the decision if you want to buy them later on. I saw some attendees marking them on their list. I guess: mission accomplished.
- The Edding wall. 6000 caps. So mind blowing! Every once in a while I walked over to it, to look at your signatures. You got really creative.
- The location in general. We are very happy with the Scandic Potsdamer Platz. Conference rooms often have a business atmosphere. It is not designed for Instagram obsessed bloggers. I get that. However I chose service over design. And the service was wonderful. Food was great, drinks at your disposal. What more could you ask for?
- The speakers were great. I know some of them were really nervous, but those were the ones nailing it! I followed your tweets. Pat yourself on the back. Heiko Hebig of Instagram took a great approach by just saying a few words about the app and then taking your questions.
- And how about the Nutella jars? Enough said!
- You! I say it again and again: I'm very grateful for your support and for coming. I hope I see many of you again in Dublin in 2016. There is a little bet going on in our Facebook group. Let's see who wears the The Hive bracelet the longest!