September 24, 2013

Moles

If I have plenty of one thing than moles. I have many in my face, on my arms and back. Besides moles I'm also very light skined, have green eyes and I'm blond. On top of that, my father died of cancer. On a risk scale of 1-10 that makes me a 24!
The thing is, that if I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see the moles in my face. I just don't notice them. But if I look at a photo of myself they jump at me. Funny how the mind works, no?

For the longest time, I have had a very ugly mole close to my ear. I never saw it, but my friend did. Judge for yourself. 


I finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor. Next thing I knew, I was on a table and looked up to see the lamp. Things were getting real.



I'm pretty good with pain. I'm not good with sounds that come with going to the doctor. Dentist, anyone???
My doctor promised me, I would hardly hear anything. She was almost right. Let's leave it at that. I told her, that I was pretty sure, this is how you feel if a serial killer cuts your face. She asked what I do for living. 



1 comment :

Monsterscircus said...

Oh Yvonne, so sorry to hear, hope it's all fine again. Ouch I could imagine that it would be a bit frightening with the sounds... I'm hyperallergic to dentists. Wish you the fullest and speediest possible recovery:-)