June 24, 2013

Scratching that one of the bucket list!

There is a random list of places I want to travel to and I even have a list on my mind, who I would like to kiss. Every girl does, right? RIGHT!?

But I don't have a list of things I want to accomplish or do in my life. 
 One thing I always wanted to do, though, was visiting the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin. There I am, German, living in Germany, having been to Berlin a few times and never been to one of the most famous landmarks Germany has to offer. 

Well, I can scratch that of my bucket list, now! While in Berlin for The Hive - The European Blog Conference I walked from my hotel to the Gate. 


Usually the Brandenburg Gate doesn't not have those barriers around it, but it was the eve of the Champions League finale with two German clubs involved. On the other side of the Gate was the fan area for that game. 

So there I was, together with two guys dressed in American and Russian uniforms taking photos with tourists and a young man who sang Blunts "Goodbye, my lover" over and over, while sipping my coffee.
I guess the Gate is like Times Square in New York. A place where tourist want to go to, but locals go there only if they have out of town visitors, no?

Nonetheless, if you ever in Berlin, walk over to the Brandenburg Gate and say hi.


1 comment :

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

Attending The Hive marked my first visit to Berlin, and I knew that more than anything else, I wanted to see the Brandenburg Gate. It didn't disappoint. Yes, there were tourists, but it wasn't nearly as crowded as I thought it would be.

It's a lovely spot and I wish I had had more time to walk beyond it into the Zoological Gardens and more!