October 2, 2011

Waiting

Waiting is pretty much one of the most useless and painful things in life. As well as such a waste of time.

September 14th, 2011 is when I sent my application to my dream company. And I haven't heard anything. I sent the application to somebody in the press department not human ressources, because I wasn't applying or a specific position.
I decided to get in contact with the company one more time: Telling them I understand they are very busy in the coming 10 weeks, but I would like to know if my application is attractive for them. Because relocation from Germany to the US would have to be planed carefully and takes time.

And you know what? Still no answer. Nothing. No we-have-received-your-application-and-will-get-back-to-soon or sorry-we-don't-want-you. NOTHING. Like waiting at home next to the phone and waiting for a text from that guy.
Isn't this what a company wants from an employee? Having the right kind of training, knowledge and dedication and be a fan of this company? Isn't a short e-mail with 2-3 lines the least I can expect?
Call it kindness, courtesy, good manners or simply the right thing to do.

I'm not doing too well with this.
I'm sad. Heartbroken really. I know it's still early. But time is running through my fingers. It is October already. I had plans for February. Saying good bye to these plans or postponing them is hurtful. You are somebody elses game ball and you have to wait for the other one to make a move. Action and reaction.

Action was my part, reaction theirs.


If I don't get an answer I will have to make new plans. I will pick myself up, dust off, get very angry, when the anger is gone, I will be sad and I will find new plans.
Life goes on and yet I don't want to let go. 

But still, this means so very much to me. I will keep you posted.

4 comments :

Paul & Paula ★ said...

oh honey, i agree... the companies want us to be perfect. write perfect applications, be on time, know everything and so on, and so on... but very often they do not even follow the simplest rules which is kind of respectless and very often I lost my excitement for them...

you know what I think you should do xxx

Melanie said...

I saw this only just now. Maybe you should send it again to the HR department? Cause the press guys might get so many emails that they maybe simply deleted or ignored it? Not nice or acceptable either but maybe thy are simply not used to handle applications?

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Your story sounds so very similar to my own. I went to college majoring in pre-med, and quickly realized that my mom wanted me to be a doctor more than I did. I graduated with a degree in business and went to work for a huge mortgage company. I got married when I was 25 (knowing I was settling for someone that I wasn't compatible with), and then I really lost my way...ran my own business, worked for a humane society (like a dog pound), worked at a retail company headquarters, became a real estate agent, got divorced, went back to the miserable mortgage company....in about the span of 4 years. Then around the age of 29, I met my current husband/best friend/"the one"/soul mate and we've since had 2 babies. While I adore my children more than anything, I felt like I hadn't reached my potential and that I could do more. My husband started pushing me to start a business doing something creative...at the age of 33 I've finally decided what I want to be "when I grow up". I contacted probably 20-30 different businesses in order to get mine going and maybe 3 actually responded to me. I was really very surprised with that response...but I totally know what you mean when you talk about the anguish of waiting...it's like you put your life on hold...in the hands of someone who can't take even 30 seconds to say "go away." I hope you've gotten some type of closure since writing this post. Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to let you know that you're not alone, I felt like I was reading my own story when reading your posts. It may not make any sense at the time, but everything happens for a reason. take care of yourself. erin

Svenja said...

Oh, I know this, they just do not get back to one. I have the feeling that half of them are not sending any kind of response. How is this possible, I am wondering.
Hope in your case there is a happy ever after !
Svenja
xx