June 2, 2011

I'm a woman on a mission

The theater has always been very dear to me. I lived as an exchange student in Louisiana when I was 16 and in high school I played a part in "12 angry men". I was the foreigner in this play and had a few lines.
I have never wanted to be an actress, but I love to go to the theater. Really love it.

I go about twice a month. If I could afford it, I would go five times a week and twice on Sunday. I go with a group of older ladies I have met a couple of years ago (all in their 60ies and older). I'm part of this group now since 2007 and have seen about 40 plays. They do this for close to 20 years. We go to one theater in particular, a very classical theater. No experiments. My kind of thing. Great American and European classics.

(Theater here in Hamburg called Schauspielhaus)

This month I started on a mission. I call it my Pulitzer Price Mission. I want to see every single play, that has ever received or has been nominated for a Pulitzer Price for Drama.

This past Sundays I could scratch of my first play of that list. The beautiful play by A.R. Gurney called Love Letters with two famous German actors. I admit I love every play these people play, but this was just amazingly good.
On top of this blog you see that I have set up a page with my mission. Take a look.

Have you seen any of those plays? Do you like the theater? Or do you have a mission of your own?

1 comment :

Dionne said...

What a gorgeous theatre, and what a gorgeous goal! That is such a great idea!