February 16, 2011

Abandoned amusement park

I love amusement parks. There was a time, when the rides couldn't be fast enough, scary enough or wild enough. Not anymore! With 32 I'm starting to get sick in a car if someone changes lanes to quickly.
Some time ago, I came across the photos of an abandoned amusement park in Japan.
These amusement parks would be a great location to take some photos. While looking for one here in Germany, I found an interesting list on wikipedia that list defunct amusement parks.


Scary and beautiful at the same time, isn't it?
And this looks like an abandoned restaurant or a bar

Not only are the chairs still there, but there are also some plates and silver ware left on the tables.


Here is a website (in an asian language) but still very manageable, with photos of prisons, buildings amusement parks that are all abandoned.

4 comments :

Paul & Paula said...

this place looks like people just stood up and left...
the restaurant could be a funky jungle night club!

And me too when I was young...aha... I loved it crazy and quick but now.... no thank you!:)

Kelly said...

Wow, these are so...haunting. They're beautiful and creepy at the same time!

Yvonne said...

@Paul & Paula: You're right. It does look like they just got up. But if you abandon a place you clean it out. At least I would :)

@Kelly: Haunting is the right word. I would love to explore these places myself. But not by myself :)

L.Voss said...

I love the loneliness of abandoned buildings, I want a large print of the tables and chairs for my living room I just love it.